Had to mop the upstairs yesterday – I love my pergo flooring except for the 3+ hours it seems to take me to mop it. John can get it done a lot quicker, course he doesn’t move the furniture so doesn’t have to wait for it to dry before he puts the furniture back. Also, he is better at staying focused on a single task until it’s completed, I am all into multi-tasking. That’s great for my paying job but can wreak havoc upon my personal life.
It’s terrible when you go into the laundry room to move the clothes from the washer, but before you do that, you have to take the clothes out of the dryer and put them somewhere. Hmmm – the bed is a good spot, then you put them on the bed to fold and after folding the kitchen towels, decide to take them to the kitchen to put away. Once in the kitchen, start thinking about what to have for dinner so need to go downstairs to pull something out of the freezer.
Oh my, look at how bare the shelves are getting. Where is my list for restocking – need to add a few things to that list. Where did the pen go, have to go to my desk to get a new pen. Seeing the computer reminds me that I need to download some pictures so I go into the downstairs bedroom to that computer to plug in the phone line and start it up, sign in select pictures to download. Hmm, I really need to print out a picture of Madison and get it on the fridge. Run upstairs to get the frame so I’ll know what size.
Back downstairs, print out the picture, cut it out and take it back up to the fridge. Oops - got to get those clothes in the dryer so I can start another load. Then back downstairs to make sure the pictures are downloading. Grab something out of the freezer to toss in the microwave for thawing. Yes Remington – he’s home, quit whining – you can go outside in a minute.
8 o’clock time for bed now – uh, oh guess John can help me fold the clothes…..
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Uh, are you describing my day? I thought my wood floors were a pain to deal with - sweeping 2 or more times a day. Good thing our place is tiny because it gets done quickly. Only to free me up to get to the basement and do the endless loads of laundry. Dinner - ugh! I enjoy cooking it but hate thinking about what we will be having. I've been thinking about posting some of my favorite (easy) recipes. When you have time post some of yours too. I still enjoy the orzo with spinach recipe I got from you! Love you!
Your day sounds like "If you give a mouse a cookie" If you haven't read this kids book, you should get it for the grandgirls. Love ya!
Post a Comment