Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday Monday

Well, today, I’m sitting at my desk – kind of working, kind of making lists and thinking about what I’m forgetting. Oh and I am sitting here with a coat on and my toes are freezing cause it’s barely 55 degrees outside at 11:30 a.m. (And I do have shoes on)

I cannot believe that a week from today, we’ll be in Arizona – the first half of this year has disappeared way too quickly and I am in no way, shape or form ready to head to the heat of AZ. Tonight, we have to get John ready to head to Sudbury, Canada on business. He’ll leave here at 4:00 tomorrow morning and won’t get back home until around midnight on Thursday. The good news is since he’ll be gone, I will have time to focus on getting ready to go. The bad news is he’ll be gone and I won’t get any sleep and won’t have his help trying to remember all the stuff we need for camping. Good thing I have my old pink book with my camping lists in.

I see on weatherchannel.com that there is a 60% chance of rain in Payson next Monday. Guess we’d better think about rain jackets. Or maybe if I don’t take one, it’ll be more likely to rain.

I look at the big pile of stuff in the garage ready to be packed and it totally amazes me. We used to pack up two kids, two dogs and all our stuff in our tiny little Toyota pickup and go camping for a week or 2. I’m trying to mend our old wood camp kitchen so we can use it 1 more time. – maybe by the end of next week, we’ll be ready to retire it to the wood heap – if it actually makes it through the trip. I pulled out the huge ammo box that we always used to carry food in. I have started packing it but am thinking I’ll also pick up a couple of cardboard boxes cause we can toss them at the end of the week and won’t have to bring them back home with us.

The tent we bought is twice as big as the old one we had. Not even sure what I ended up doing with that one when we started doing the backpack thing and camping in a small tent. Jules has plans to put her little tent inside my big one so we’ll see how that works out – definitely plenty of room for that.

We are taking the old fold out camping table – it’s 4 little fold out seats are getting kind of wobbly – I think we’ve had that since at least ‘76. Not sure if either of the kids want it so it might find it’s way into the garbage bin at the end of the week also. Guess it’s time to retire some of this old camping gear.

Got to get busy and get more lists made and tomorrow head into billings so I can start marking things off the list. One list for food, one list for stuff for the horses, one for camping things to take, one list for non-camping stuff, one list of where we are staying down and back, one list of things to do around here before I leave so we don’t come back to a mess, hmmm – maybe I need to make a list just so I can keep track of all the other lists.

Ready or not, Friday will be here before I turn around. I’ll see everyone in AZ pretty soon. I do have Yahtzee and a whole mess of extra score sheets.

3 comments:

abeNanna said...

We may need a prize for the Yahtzee championships.

lvh said...

Okay - I will furnish prizes for the yahtzee championship. Going into town tomorrow so will pick up a few things.

Joxer's Human said...

I've got a Yahtzee as well that I'll pack.. And I have a small folding table with two stools which I'm bringing.. Better to have too much stuff than wish I had it later...

Be sure to buy a nice prize for me! And a nice "big loser" prize for abenanna.. :)

Good luck with your lists!!!